Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Framing Day 5 (Wednesday)

As promised, we went by a little earlier today so I was able to take more pictures.  The PM was at a house down the road and came over to chat with me when he saw me out with his pictures.  Our roof trusses are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, and depending on what time they arrive the installation could start in the afternoon or Friday morning.  I'm really hoping for tomorrow afternoon...we have a wet spell coming this weekend!

It doesn't look at first glance like much was done, but they've put up most if not all of the interior wall frames on the second floor.  We were there at 11:30 am so they hopefully got the ceiling stuff at least started by the end of the day.

Spot 1

Spot 2

Spot 3

South side

Around back

Spot 4

I can see through my house!  :D

Awww, it's not wearing a skirt anymore!  :(

We have STAIRS!!!

Mystery solved!  This is "Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL)" a layered type of wood that's extra strong.  Used over windows and doors to spread the load down the sides instead of all on the top, apparently.

LVL 

Tomorrow is going to be a super busy day, with doctor appointments for my boys and preparations for my 4 year old's birthday party this weekend (where does time go??).  So I'm not sure if we'll make it out there or not.  I will have to see what my assistant has to say on the subject.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to figure out why some of the boards are orange. Looks like they are making good progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't actually ask why they were ORANGE, but I did find out what they are. :)

      Delete
  2. Your assistant says you better plan on making it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I enjoy watching our homes going up together at the same time. It's a pleasure to witness the Elevation E rise up along with the side entry garage. AWESOME! I believe those very same boards are on both sides of the house to serve as an anchor of some sort.

    ReplyDelete